Knitting has several surprising health benefits both to physical and mental health. In a knitting for peace recent survey the following health benefits were uncovered:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces depression and anxiety
- Improves cognitive function
- Slows the onset of dementia
- Knitting is as relaxing as yoga
- Wards off arthritis and tendinitis
- Distracts from chronic pain
- Provides an opportunity for creativity
- Increases a sense of wellbeing
- Reduces loneliness and isolation
- Increases a sense of usefulness and inclusion in society
Who knew that such a simple activity could provide numerous health benefits. From your physical to your psychological wellbeing, a needle and thread has the ability to transform the way we feel and think, one stitch at a time.
The knits in this post are a sneak peek of our PERRIAM knitting patterns due for release very soon!
Hi there, I saw the article in Life and Leisure about your wonderful wool, but I cannot find 8ply on your website do you sell it online?